Sunday, February 27, 2011

Untangling the interwebs

What did I do last weekend, besides recovering from vacation withdrawal and cleaning up projectile vomit? Yes, my poor husband had the stomach flu last weekend and strep throat the weekend before. Thankfully, his state of perpetual illness is finally over. Anyways, this post isn't about vomit...I actually took a free online CSS training class from techbasedtraining.com. It was a good review of some basic html and gave a quick, simple overview of the basics of CSS (cascading style sheets - for the non-techies). A free replay of the CSS Quickstart class is available online here if you're wanting a refresher or would like to learn more about web design. My goal is to be able to add web design to my list of skills and graduate to a real, grown-up blog and website that I create from scratch (more or less) after this one is no longer applicable when I turn 30.

Web design is something that you learn by doing, and there are literally thousands of free tutorials online to help guide newbies. Here are just a few great sites that I've found so far:

w3schools.com

No comments:

Post a Comment