Saturday, February 19, 2011

Judging a book by its cover

Yes, I'm guilty of judging a book by its cover. But can you blame me when the covers look like this? I've been eyeing this collection of Penguin Classics hardcovers ever since I saw them last year. I finally placed my Amazon order last week and they appeared at my doorstep today! Another bonus is that I got them for free from our credit card points...score!

I envision them beautifully accessorizing a bookshelf in my office area...well, once I purchase said bookshelf. In the meantime, I supposed these books will serve a greater purpose than merely being aesthetically-pleasing dust collectors. My goal before 30 is to read at least three classic literature novels I never read in school. The novels I've chosen (maybe a little for their covers): Emma, Little Women and Wuthering Heights. Hopefully, I'll be able to continue to add to this collection...isn't there a holiday or birthday or something (President's Day) coming up (hint, hint)?

My new lovelies and a pretty hourglass I bought this week

1 comment:

  1. great photos. if you're going to read classic literature, you mine as well choose books that will improve both your metal skills and your home decor.

    ReplyDelete