Monday, January 3, 2011

{ MEMORIZING SCRIPTURE }

In the past, I have memorized a few scripture verses here and there, but have never committed to it as a discipline for spiritual growth. My goal in the coming year and a half is to memorize at least 30 verses of scripture. To aid in this endeavor, I wanted to find a useful and convenient tool. And of course I thought to myself..."there's an app for that." So I took to the Apple iTunes store to see what it had to offer in the free category. For some reason, I can't bring myself to pay for those shiny little tiles on my phone if there are free ones.

The one I found and downloaded is called Bible Memory Verses by Woody Hays. This particular one allows you to choose from four different versions of the Bible, including ESV, KJV, NASB and NIV. I am somewhat partial to the NIV version, since that's what I grew up using. However, my church has adopted ESV as its standard. Other neat features that I have yet to test are the word removal tool, flashcard tool, and audio record and playback. This app will also keep a log of all the verses you have memorized. Next task on the list...choose the 30 verses I want to memorize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment