Monday, February 13, 2012

Preggo Update: 38 weeks

How far along? 38 weeks (+ 2 days)
Total weight gain? Still about 30 pounds
Maternity clothes? Anything loose and baggy. Leggings, pajamas or yoga pants just about everyday.
Stretch marks? Still none...yay! 
Sleep: Getting to be a little more uncomfortable, but at least I'm getting sleep and can sleep in if I want to. It would be nice if I could sleep on my back and not wake up in the middle of the night though.
Best moment this week: Realizing that I am so close to meeting our baby girl! Enjoying the last few times I will be able to feel her move around in my belly.
Miss anything: Hugs without a belly in the way.
Movement: It doesn't feel so much like jabs and punches anymore...more so like a tickle here and there. Sometimes she'll fall asleep and freak me out, because I don't think she's moved for a while.
Food cravings: Food doesn't really appeal too much to me these days. But I still do want sweets more than usual. 
Anything make you queasy or sick: My pup's stinky dog breath
Gender: It's a girl! Do they actually announce that when you deliver the baby?
Labor signs: Still the occasional Braxton Hicks contractions, but no dilation or effacement. The doctor was planning on inducing me a week early for fear that baby was going to be jumbo-sized, but I just found out today that my body isn't ready, so I'm back to waiting. Come on, baby...come out.
Symptoms: Glad the heartburn isn't so bad anymore, but I have to pee more often.
Belly button in or out? Ever so slightly out
Wedding rings on or off? Still the same - on when I leave the house, off at home
Feelings: More anxious...just wondering when I'll go into labor. I'm really hoping that I make some progress toward labor within the next week or so.  
Looking forward to: Delivery day. I just want this day to come on it's own...hopefully before the due date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment