Sunday, February 5, 2012

Preggo Update: 37 weeks

Yay! We've made it..37 weeks! I'm officially full-term and can safely go into labor any day now. Come on baby, start making your way out so I can meet you! We have our car seat installed, all the clothes washed, bags are packed, nursery is pretty much done...we are ready for baby!

Smashed baby face on the 3D ultrasound. Look at those chubby cheeks!

How far along? 37 weeks (+ 1 day)
Total weight gain? Right around 30 pounds (I actually lost 3 pounds since my last appointment). But baby has gained a crazy amount...3 pounds in the past 4 weeks! The doctor said she weighed 7 pounds at her last ultrasound! I'm hoping she doesn't get too much bigger or I'll have trouble squeezing her out.
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing whatever fits at this point.
Stretch marks? Not one...yippee! I'll be sad if I suddenly get them in the next few weeks.
Sleep: Still waking up around 5 a.m. and can't sleep for an hour. I also get heartburn when I lie down on my side.   
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby at possibly our last ultrasound before we meet her in person! She is practicing breathing in there and already has hair!
Miss anything: Lying on my stomach. Hot tubs.
Movement: It's a party in there. I can sometimes see whole limbs sweep across my belly.
Food cravings: Unfortunately, junk food...chips and gummy candies this week.
Anything make you queasy or sick: The smell of rubber tires, strong chemical smells, the laundry aisle at the supermarket.
Gender: Girly girl! Not sure why I answer this every week; it's not like this is likely to change.
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions, they are now stronger up under my stomach. But the doctor said that she still hasn't dropped! She's still clinging to my ribs and finds it quite cozy in there. A little bit of the nesting instinct kicked in last week...I organized our master closet.
Symptoms: Heartburn, achy joints
Belly button in or out? It can't decide whether to stay in or pop out. I guess I would say that it's mostly out-ish now.
Wedding rings on or off? On when I leave the house, but they immediately get taken off when I get home.
Feelings: Excited that I'm now in the month I'll be delivering (hopefully, if she doesn't come too late). Relieved that we're all set for the baby's arrival. Getting a little more anxious now...wondering when the big day will come.
Looking forward to: Seeing the baby in person...I wonder what/who she'll look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment