Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's Make a Deal

I’m sure that if you've paid any attention to the economy or your depression-inducing 401k, then you know that the financial forecast for our nation looks a little bleak right now. With downgraded credit scores, bloated national debt, the spreading housing crisis, and unemployment on the rise, most everyone is looking to catch a break or snag a good deal these days.

On a positive note, one of the good things to come out of this economic downturn is those private, limited-time, members-only sales and Groupon-esque flash deal sites that have been popping up like wildfires. So many of these have turned up that I’m having a hard time keeping track of all of them. I haven't actually bought anything off these sites yet, but I like to browse and see what good deals could be had. 

Here are some of my most recent discoveries that caught my attention. Are there any cool ones that you've found?


 

 
Sign up for Rue La La by August 23 through the link above, and you'll automatically get a $10 credit! 

 


1 comment:

  1. My Sister-in-law clued me in to Hautelook a few years ago as well as Gilt Groupe (http://www.gilt.com/). I have never bought anything from either, but I do get the emails and sometimes browse through the items. I think I am still too cheap to buy the "reduced price" designer items and I don't like to buy clothing online anyway without being able to try it on first (unless they have a good return policy).

    On the other hand, I have been out to the new outlet mall. The Saks store is fabulous, and I had to seriously restrain myself to walk out of there empty-handed!

    ReplyDelete