Saturday, January 21, 2012

Preggo Update: 35 weeks

This photo was taken at 28 weeks by my friend Elyse of Ely Fair Photography.
I am much larger now at 35 weeks!
So, I've been quite absent from this blog and have neglected it for a while now. However, hopefully that will change since I am officially on maternity leave now...starting today at 5 p.m.! I will try to post weekly updates on how the pregnancy is progressing and post any other developments in my new life as a stay-at-home housewife for the next few weeks until the little one arrives. 

I had seen this pregnancy survey on other blogs (like Little Baby Garvin - who's due Feb. 22) and thought I would do the same so I can look back and remember my final weeks as a preggo.  

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain? 30-ish pounds so far
Maternity clothes? Target Liz Lange collection, Target juniors clearance rack of “dresses” that are more like tunics on me, Old Navy & Gap – leggings are my staple these days
Stretch marks? None yet. My fingers are crossed though because my mom had them.
Sleep: Depends on the night. Sleeping on my left side is growing tiresome, and I’ve had a couple killer leg cramps in the middle of the night where I woke up screaming and scaring both husband and dog.  
Best moment this week: Officially starting my maternity leave from work today! Now I have time to do all the things I need to do before baby arrives! I'm hoping this nesting instinct really kicks in so the house gets cleaned and organized.
Miss anything: Bending over. Fitting into “real” clothes. Working out. Sleeping on my back.
Movement: Pretty regular - sometimes it’s just hiccups.
Food cravings: Tonight was pizza - had Marco's pizza for the first time.
Anything make you queasy or sick: Car exhaust, gasoline fumes and cigarette smoke – yuck!
Gender: All girl! We’re hoping all the ultrasounds are correct because it’s all pink around here.
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions since about 28 weeks.
Symptoms: Swollen feet and cankles at the end of the day. Heartburn when I lie down a certain way.
Belly button in or out? I would describe it more as flat, no belly button, just flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On, for the most part. Although, I will take them off now at night for fear of having to amputate a finger or having to cut my rings to get them off.
Happy or moody most of the time? Mostly happy and excited! I may have only cried about three times the whole pregnancy.
Looking forward to: Seeing my baby girl for the first time and holding her!

No comments:

Post a Comment